The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
De Facto RSS Feed Icon Spreading Like Wildfire

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Douglas Clifton

Nickname: dwclifton

Douglas Clifton is a freelance Web programmer and writer
De Facto RSS Feed Icon Spreading Like Wildfire Posted: Jan 18, 2006 11:11 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Douglas Clifton.
Original Post: De Facto RSS Feed Icon Spreading Like Wildfire
Feed Title: blogZero
Feed URL: http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/index.php?/feeds/index.rss1
Feed Description: Web Development News, Culture and Opinion
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Douglas Clifton
Latest Posts From blogZero

Advertisement

rss I keep my eye on a lot of news feeds, particularly those related to Web development. Go figure. Although I have no hard numbers to report, I am finding it astonishing just how quickly use of the Mozilla/Firefox RSS feed icon is propagating around the Web.

This, ever since the IE 7 team announced that they would be using the icon to represent RSS resources, followed by a flurry of posts about it (including yours truly).

Technorati Chart

Posts about RSS Feed Icon per day for the last 30 days.

This is good news for users, especially the 90+% (depending on your sources) of them who don't even know what RSS is or how to take advantage of it. Which is a real shame if you ask me, since it really is a simple technology that shouldn't be as confusing as a mysterious XML chicklet that returns a bunch of equally mysterious source code when you click on one.

So let's continue to spread the word, er, icon. If you are graphically challenged (like me), Matt Brett has graciously created a set in multiple formats for you to download.

Read: De Facto RSS Feed Icon Spreading Like Wildfire

Topic: Watching Father Christmas Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Age Of Machine Worship

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use