The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Uncertain about Flex?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Manish Jethani

Nickname: jethani

Manish Jethani is an engineer in the Flex team at Adobe.
Uncertain about Flex? Posted: Oct 11, 2005 6:16 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Manish Jethani.
Original Post: Uncertain about Flex?
Feed Title: Manish Jethani
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/manish/artima
Feed Description: Software. RIA. Flex.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Manish Jethani
Latest Posts From Manish Jethani

Advertisement

Language guru Bruce Eckel blogged about his choice of Flash as a technology for delivering cross-platform multimedia experiences. Eckel says he chose OpenLaszlo over Flex because of licensing issues and due to uncertainty about the future of the product. Interestingly the post is dated October 6, just a day before David Wadhwani’s heavily blogged (by everyone and their dog) announcement of Flex 2. So now what’s the future of Flex look like?

For those of you who can’t wait until October 17 to see Zorn (Flex Builder 2.0), here’s a video of Kevin’s Web 2.0 demo of the new Eclipse-based IDE. Personally I hate IDEs, and I still don’t use Zorn for day-to-day Flex hacking, but I have to admit I’m feeling a bit left out of all the excitement now. Maybe I should really try the Vim plugin.

One of Eckel’s readers also wrote asking him not to use Flash because of accessibility problems. Developers: have you seen the accessibility support in Flex? I know it works for sure because the QA engineer banging on it with JAWS all day unfortunately sits right next to me in the Bangalore office.

And, by the way, I’m not the only one with a preference for cafes over office cubes: apparently the entire OpenLaszlo development team works out of a cafe!

Read: Uncertain about Flex?

Topic: Web Developer Ripoff Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Broadband properly up

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use