The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Fixing the calendar. 13 months for prosperity.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Fixing the calendar. 13 months for prosperity. Posted: Sep 21, 2005 8:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Fixing the calendar. 13 months for prosperity.
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

The calendar we use is broken. It is divided in uneven ways, does not match up to days of the week correctly and is overall outdated. So I Josh Baltzell am proposing a new system.

Months are a given. I don’t think a new calendar could be made without months because they are a decent method of dividing the year. I propose that we keep the months, but lower the number of days in each month to 28 to make the first always a Monday and thus making each day of the month a predictable day of the week. With the extra days left in the year an additional 13th month will be added (I am currently referring to this extra month as “Joshtober” but I am flexible.)

So 13 months with 28 days each brings us to 364 days. A year of course has 365.24 days. I propose that the remaining day be handled in one of two ways.

1. The day has no day of the week and is considered a holiday.
  2. These days are collected until 7 days are build up and then a “Leap Week” is put on to the end of the year.

Using my system could bring production and prosperity to a whole new level. No more stretched paycheck months, easier accounting and planning, basic understanding of what part of the month you are in will let you figure out the date in your head. Plus calendar printers will be able to sell one more page of print per calendar. Please enjoy the sample calendar below

Read: Fixing the calendar. 13 months for prosperity.

Topic: W3C Markup Validator Upgrade Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: lomo pic of the day #1

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use