The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
PHP Templating Engines

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Douglas Clifton

Nickname: dwclifton

Douglas Clifton is a freelance Web programmer and writer
PHP Templating Engines Posted: Aug 18, 2005 7:20 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Douglas Clifton.
Original Post: PHP Templating Engines
Feed Title: blogZero
Feed URL: http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/index.php?/feeds/index.rss1
Feed Description: Web Development News, Culture and Opinion
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Douglas Clifton
Latest Posts From blogZero

Advertisement

patterns Somehow, I managed to miss Harry's Templates and Template Engines on phpPatterns. While it may have been written a few years back, I believe the points he makes are just as valid today as they were then.

I have nothing against templating engines like Smarty (which we use at Digital Web). What I really don't understand is why there is a need to add yet another layer of complexity on top of PHP when PHP is already a language designed for combining markup and logic. The standard argument is we should separate the programming logic of our Web applications from the markup. Much like we should separate markup from presentation using CSS. And I'm all for that. Search for modular php markup on Google and see what you find.

Have you ever studied one of these templates? Let's have a look at an example.

Continue reading "PHP Templating Engines"

Read: PHP Templating Engines

Topic: Composing WSGI Apps Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Bloglines down again

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use