The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Hey Apple: Fix Your Feeds!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Douglas Clifton

Nickname: dwclifton

Douglas Clifton is a freelance Web programmer and writer
Hey Apple: Fix Your Feeds! Posted: Aug 16, 2005 6:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Douglas Clifton.
Original Post: Hey Apple: Fix Your Feeds!
Feed Title: blogZero
Feed URL: http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/index.php?/feeds/index.rss1
Feed Description: Web Development News, Culture and Opinion
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Douglas Clifton
Latest Posts From blogZero

Advertisement

apple The Apple Developer Connection is a great resource. They have tons of content, including a large list of RSS feeds. Sadly, many of them are not well-formed, do not validate, or are otherwise broken.

With an excellent Web browser product, Safari, that has lots going for it and is marketed as having great built-in support for RSS, you would think they would pay closer attention to their own feeds. The other day I was reviewing feeds waiting for approval on Syndic8 and sure enough, there was an Apple feed, yet I could not approve it because it didn't validate.

I would have done so in a heartbeat, I would love to subscribe to many of their feeds, I would love to syndicate some of them on dnews, but I can't do any of these things until they fix their feeds.

I sent them an email, I said, "hey Apple, fix your feeds!" All I got back was an stupid auto-responder:

Thank you for contacting the Apple Developer Connection regarding RSS feeds. We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us your feedback. Please be assured that all of your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate Apple team.

That was a month ago. Their feeds are still broken. The really sad part is many of the problems are trivial, one person, maybe in an hour or two could fix all of them. Perhaps I should shout this time:

Hey Apple, fix your feeds!

Read: Hey Apple: Fix Your Feeds!

Topic: Sun Rays are boring Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: May the Task Force be with you

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use