The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
And back again

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
And back again Posted: Aug 15, 2005 7:19 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: And back again
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Back from hols! Things I have learned this week:

• There is virtually no interest in ghosts and whatnot in the Lake District. We looked in tourist information offices, a library, and bookshops. Nothing.
  • So we spent a bit of time looking in pubs instead, ahaha.
  • We were staying in the Coniston Hall camp site which was run by a woman remarkably like Tubbs from The League Of Gentlemen. We kept a sharp ear out for the cries of “We didn’t burn him!” but fortunately managed to avoid a gruesome death at the hands of locals.
  • Possibly by hiding in the pub the whole time, ahaha.
  • The beer’s pretty darn good in the area, too.
  • Sellafield Visitors Centre is not only a very interesting and interactive day but is very objective about the costs as well as the benefits of nuclear power. Good on them, I say; at times it almost seemed like a place set up by the CND rather than BNFL.
  • Andy refuses to pee in a bush in daylight, even if no-one is watching. I feel no such restriction.
  • You can drink almost any amount of beer if you really put your mind to it.
  • John Ruskin (the local Coniston luminary) is a pretty cool guy; his pencil drawings of Venetian stuff are particularly good. I had no idea he was so influential!
  • Castlerigg is an interesting stone circle. St Julian had quite a bit to say about it in The Modern Antiquarian as well, although he’s not as inspired as Andy’s theory about the stones reflecting in shape the mountains around them. I personally have my doubts, as well as my doubts about Cope’s mysticism in general, but it’s a good theory of Andy’s and a good writeup of JC’s.
  • The Lake District is very pretty.
  • One day I shall return.

Read: And back again

Topic: Encoding an SVCD to an Archos PMA400-playable XviD file Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Archos PMA400

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use