The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
The WaSP DOM Scripting Task Force

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
The WaSP DOM Scripting Task Force Posted: Jul 18, 2005 5:27 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: The WaSP DOM Scripting Task Force
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Some exciting news: the Web Standards Project have set up the DOM Scripting Task Force to boost the quality of scripting on the world wide web. There are lots of very important scripting people who are part of it, like PPK and Jeremy Keith and Dean Edwards and Christian Heilmann and Derek Featherstone. And me, too. DOM Scripting is, I think, the most important thing that remains to be sold to the web development community; structured HTML and stylesheet-based design are now known as the superior techniques and people are following them. (As Mark Pilgrim once memorably said, “It is quite obvious to me that these are the future of the Internet and of the computing industry in general, and if you don’t see that by now, I can’t help you. Adapt or get left behind.“) The nature of decent scripting, though, is still a bit out in left-field; there’s too much perception that scripting is (a) for kiddies who want flashy effects or (b) bad for accessibility or© not part of a proper web hacker’s toolkit. The DOM Scripting Task Force is going to do its best to change that. You can read the WaSP’s official press release about the Scripting TF, and in the next day or so the task force’s site will be released. Web developers: this is your call to arms. Get on, or get out of the way.

Read: The WaSP DOM Scripting Task Force

Topic: Installing qemu and kqemu on Ubuntu 5.04 hoary Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Silence is coming

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use