The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Safari is Pretty Cool

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robert E. Barksdale

Nickname: mozkit

Robert Barksdale is a network administrator by day and a Mac OS X and Open Source advocate 24x7.
Safari is Pretty Cool Posted: Sep 2, 2003 11:53 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Robert E. Barksdale.
Original Post: Safari is Pretty Cool
Feed Title: mozKit
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/blog/?flavor=rss
Feed Description: Gecko and the Bean: A look at Mozilla, Java and other open solutions from an OS X user's perspective.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Robert E. Barksdale
Latest Posts From mozKit

Advertisement

As a Mozilla user, I have been forcing myself to run Safari over the past week or so. I have updated weblogs with mixed results, I have searched using the Google tool, I have book marked interesting sites, and I have downloaded files. I almost forgot, I have also enjoyed tabbed browsing and no pop-ups. All in all, the surfing experience has been enjoyable.

If you are a OS X user looking for a browser that epitomizes the OS X experience, then look no further then Safari.

I really like what Apple has done with the bookmarks. When you initially install Safari it will pickup your bookmarks from Mozilla/Netscape and IE without a problem. If you have used iTunes before you will find the Bookmark view familiar. You can drag-n-drop bookmarks to the location you desire. However, contextual menus are no where to be found. I hope Apple addresses this short-coming sooner than later.

Tabbed browsing works as it should in Safari. You have several options for opening a new tab. If you have a wheel mouse you can click on a link with the wheel and Safari opens the link in a new tab. With a two-button mouse you can right-click and select "Open Link in New Tab." And of course you have the cmd+T keyboard short-cut available.

Yes, I am enjoying Surfin' Safari, but it is not ready to take over the role as my default browser. Mozilla still holds that title.

Read: Safari is Pretty Cool

Topic: System Administration Quick Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: James is Worth Considering

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use