The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
London bombings

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
London bombings Posted: Jul 7, 2005 6:08 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: London bombings
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Things seem to be quietening down in London, as I write at 1.45pm. There’s a decent liveblog over at europhobia for up-to-date news; the BBC notes that bloggers across London are providing eyewitness accounts. With mobile networks and landlines down, the net has been the way that everyone’s staying in touch; I’ve been able to ascertain that people I know in London, like our firm’s London office, Tim, Tom and Lynne , Dean , and Richard are all OK within minutes of asking. If I had relatives in London and didn’t have the net I’d be pretty frantic by now. Rumours are still flying thick and fast, but most of them seem to be unfounded, and it would appear that no more attacks or events have happened since about 11 this morning. The FTSE’s going mad, but again unfoundedly, and people are calling on the traders to calm down a bit. The Wikipaedia has also risen to the challenge, as a good summary of events within minutes of them happening. Soon things are likely to switch from a hunger for news to an outpouring of analysis, which is likely to include the statement from Al Qaeda claiming responsibility, and whether it’s legit. Tony Blair has left the G8 summit to fly to London, so we may hear the word from the top at some point. It’s reassuring to see the lack of hysteria; although London’s seriously hectic by all accounts, it’s the hecticness of an extremely busy city, not the hecticness of mindless panic.
Hope everyone’s OK.

Read: London bombings

Topic: Usability and accessibility with Ajax Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Siebel plans new Java-based technology Siebel is t...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use