The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
_why @ OSCON 2005

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
_why @ OSCON 2005 Posted: Mar 9, 2005 4:46 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: _why @ OSCON 2005
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Just got confirmation that I have a slot at this year’s OSCON in Portland, OR. I will be performing a three-act tutorial laced with puppetry & synthesizers & coding. Titled: “A Starry Afternoon, A Sinking Symphony, and The Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up For No Reason Whatsoever.”

They say Ruby is like a fine ostrich skin glove. When worn while coding, your hands are possessed with a cunning dance. When the naysayers come beating at your door with disdain, the glove slaps them full force, leaving an intoxicating spearmint flavor on their chins. If only you could take Ruby into the shower.

Now you can touch and feel Ruby in a real, live Ewoks on Ice environment! It turns out that why the lucky stiff’s 3-in-1 Ruby code fiesta is coming to OSCON.

A Starry Afternoon explores ideas behind teaching programming to adolescents and the eager. A Sinking Symphony will give a heartfelt tour of Ruby’s rich, evocative culture. Finally, The Polo Champ Who Gave It All Up For No Reason Whatsoever will denounce the previous concepts and stampede the audience with code. And despite the obnoxious puppetry and synthesizer music, you will find yourself walking away, uttering, “How did I learn something?”

Please know, my friends: moustaches required.

It also looks like David Hansson and Dave Thomas will be presenting as well. And, as previously reported, Matz also. Can you imagine how this will play out??

Read: _why @ OSCON 2005

Topic: RubyGems 0.8.6 fixes critical error Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Public Todo list for Wee

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use