The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Fixing stuff as I go

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
Fixing stuff as I go Posted: Mar 1, 2005 9:32 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: Fixing stuff as I go
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
I've been standardizing the directory layout for all of the Win32 Utils packages lately, and in the process I've been fixing and changing little things along the way. Struct redefinitions that were causing warnings, tweaking tests slightly, altering documentation to be rdoc friendly, and so on.

A couple of test issues have hit me that I don't know how to resolve. The test suite for win32-service will probably have a couple of failures. This is because I attempt to start and stop the Clipboard service as the test for the Service.start and Service.stop methods. The problem is that as of SP2 (?), the Network DDE service is now off by default. Since Network DDE is a dependency for the Clipboard service, that test fails. Annoying.

I also noticed that the win32-etc test for Admin.add_user will probably fail if you're on a network. The test tries to add, configure and delete a "foo" user. However, if ActiveDirectory doesn't detect a "foo" user on your domain, it's going to fail.

Minor stuff, but it's stuff I'm documenting along the way. I'll have to post to our ML to see what folks think about these issues.

In the meantime, someone requested an ActiveDirectory interface a while back. I think this could be accomplished with a pure Ruby solution using Win32OLE, for ADSI anyway.

Read: Fixing stuff as I go

Topic: Rails 0.10.0 is a Ruby 1.8.2 framework Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: MuffDaddy! The Ultimate Rapper! (Word)

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use