The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Rails 0.10.0

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Warren Brian Noronha

Nickname: wnorrix

Warren Brian Noronha is hardcore Ruby/RoR and FLOSS supporter. Currently working for Norrix.
Rails 0.10.0 Posted: Feb 25, 2005 11:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Warren Brian Noronha.
Original Post: Rails 0.10.0
Feed Title: HyperionReactor - Ruby, Ruby On Rails
Feed URL: http://viper.unixbsd.info/suspended.page/
Feed Description: My blogs on Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Warren Brian Noronha
Latest Posts From HyperionReactor - Ruby, Ruby On Rails

Advertisement

The new version of Ruby on Rails was release 24 hours back. I have always been on edge rails, from the very beginning so this only did not mean much to me. But since most people are on stable rails. These are the things that you can expect form this release.

Routes
Routes also helps you have really cool URLs. Its far more easy to create custom URLs now with routes in action. Routes also solves the .htaccess issue. Routes was known as Directions earlier.

Components
Now with the introduction of components you can display the output from other controllers and actions. This makes it easier for you to package your reuseable code from one application to another.

Web Services
This is my personal favorite after routes. Now creating a webservice is as easy as apple pie :). Not only does Ruby on Rails have a client api but also a server api. You in a matter of minutes you can deploy a webservice.

Database Drivers
Now Ruby on Rails has a grand total of 6 database adapters. MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.

Documentation and Videos
More Videos!!! The Java people can make as many videos they want but none of them will ever be as cool as ours >:). Form the beginning we believed that videos speak louder than words :D. Everyone remembers the 10 minute scaffold video.

Read: Rails 0.10.0

Topic: "Block View" for A9.com's Yellow Pages Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Hobix Tips

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use