The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Off the Treadmill, Onto the Rails

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
David Heinemeier Hansson

Nickname: webster132

Rails is an open source web-application framework for Ruby
Off the Treadmill, Onto the Rails Posted: Jan 28, 2005 8:18 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by David Heinemeier Hansson.
Original Post: Off the Treadmill, Onto the Rails
Feed Title: Riding Rails
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: The knowledge diff for all things Rails
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by David Heinemeier Hansson
Latest Posts From Riding Rails

Advertisement

Mike Clark, author of Pragmatic Project Automation, caught up with me for a few quick questions about the automation of Rails. A snippet:

Mike: Everybody who tries Rails raves about how it makes them super productive. What types of automation does Rails employ to help developers create great apps so quickly?

David: The basic philosophy is to encourage good behavior through invitations. So, for example, when you use the generator to create a new model or controller, it also creates unit test stubs that are all hooked up. You just enter a new test case and off you go. The same goes to fixtures, where a YAML file is already created and hooked up, just waiting for you to input the data…

We also talk about Rake and continuos integration with Damage Control. Additionally, it was great to see Mike so excited about Rails:

Rails projects are popping up all over. I just started converting a small J2EE project to Rails, and let me just say that Rails is highly addictive stuff.

Read: Off the Treadmill, Onto the Rails

Topic: Celebrating six months anniversary! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Looking at darcs

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use