The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Introducing Rails to Java Users

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jamis Buck

Nickname: minam

Jamis Buck is a C/Java software developer for BYU, and hacks in Ruby for fun.
Introducing Rails to Java Users Posted: Jan 22, 2005 8:35 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Jamis Buck.
Original Post: Introducing Rails to Java Users
Feed Title: the buckblogs here
Feed URL: http://weblog.jamisbuck.org/blog.cgi/programming/index.rss
Feed Description: Jamis Buck's corner of the blogging universe. Mostly about ruby, but includes ramblings on a variety of topics.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Jamis Buck
Latest Posts From the buckblogs here

Advertisement

About a month ago, I gave a presentation of the Ruby on Rails web framework to our local RUG. Ben Galbraith, the president of the Utah Java User Group, was also in attendence, having been persuaded by the recommendations of Dave Thomas to take a look at Ruby.

And now, Ben has asked me to present Rails to the UJUG, in February.

There will be 60-100 people there, so it should be a good opportunity to show people what Rails is capable of. Howard Lewis Ship will be presenting after me, making me feel something like the unknown local band opening for the nationally famous one. :) I’m really looking forward to it.

So, now I just need to polish off my Rails presentation and practice it until I can do it blindfolded. This is really a golden opportunity to show how easy Rails is to use, as well as to point out how successful it has been commercially (Basecamp, 43 Things, and Tada Lists, to name a few).

The challenge will be fitting everything I’d like to say into an hour presentation, especially since the audience will have little (if any) prior Ruby experience.

Should be great fun!

Read: Introducing Rails to Java Users

Topic: Using Ploticus from Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Rails 0.9.4.1: Cleaning up the mess

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use