The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
New year party among Tokyo Rubyists

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
New year party among Tokyo Rubyists Posted: Jan 18, 2005 7:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: New year party among Tokyo Rubyists
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Last Saturday, Tokyo Rubyists held a new year party after a private seminar once a month where they read “Ruby Hacking Guide”[1]. Takahashi-san[2] hosted it and other 16 folks including Aoki-san, Sasada-san and Tanaka-san, gathered and talked each other for four hours at the cold, rainy night.

They chatted about the renewal plan of www.ruby-lang.org, Ruby 1.9 and 2.0, why no girl came and so forth.

I discussed with Takahashi-san what Ruby’s design patterns will look like. I’d like to know whether they are different from Java/C++’s that are grouped by GoF into three categories; creational, structural and behavioral patterns. I think structure and behavior of Duck Typing might be quite different— however, DI container approach in Ruby may work as well as Java because creation is similar. He recommended The Design Patterns Smalltalk Companion

1 RHG was written by Aoki-san, which describes Ruby interpreter programming (i.e. C not Ruby).

2 Takahashi-san is the leader of RubyNoKai, which means the Association of Ruby, and also the editor of Rubyist Magazine of Japan.

Read: New year party among Tokyo Rubyists

Topic: CashHanded #3: RDoc ReDo Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: HTML Filtering For RedCloth

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use