The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
ThoughtWorks Rails Projects Update

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Obie Fernandez

Nickname: obie

Obie Fernandez is a Technologist for ThoughtWorks
ThoughtWorks Rails Projects Update Posted: Jun 1, 2006 12:25 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Obie Fernandez.
Original Post: ThoughtWorks Rails Projects Update
Feed Title: Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)
Feed URL: http://jroller.com/obie/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: Obie Fernandez talks about life as a technologist, mostly as ramblings about software development and consulting. Nowadays it's pretty much all about Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Obie Fernandez
Latest Posts From Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)

Advertisement

This week my team is wrapping up final development of the DSL-flavored Ruby project for our bank client in Delaware. Everyone is thrilled with the product. Anyone at RailsConf interested in hearing first hand about the type of Rails work ThoughtWorks can do for you should track me down and I'll introduce you to Robert, one of the client managers who sponsored the project. Also, I hear an official press release or two are in the works and will be released soon.

In other news, one of our star developers in Bangalore finally released his Rails project to the world, Stockhive. It is a consumer-facing stock analysis tool crafted specifically for the Indian stock market investor and it is the app that Martin Fowler recently described as:

A project that looks like a standard web app in many ways, but involves a great deal of munging data from different formats and some very fancy graphs and charts.

I think StockHive is pretty interesting, not just because it is Rails-based, but also because ThoughtWorks is essentially one of the backers of the project.

I spent Monday and Tuesday of this week in San Antonio and made friends with Brett and Dirk Elmendorf of Rackspace Managed Hosting, providers of premium hosting environments to folks like 37Signals. Dirk is one of the founders of Rackspace and a big fan of Ruby. His article about RubyGems is part of the big Ruby issue just released.

Read: ThoughtWorks Rails Projects Update

Topic: Scripting the wmii-3 window manager with Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: XMLBeans in Ruby - the real fun stuff is Ruby metaprogramming

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use