The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Google Summer of Code

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christopher Williams

Nickname: sgtcoolguy

Christopher Williams is a Ruby, Rails and Java programmer
Google Summer of Code Posted: May 26, 2006 7:06 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Christopher Williams.
Original Post: Google Summer of Code
Feed Title: Late to the Party
Feed URL: http://cwilliams.textdriven.com/xml/rss20/feed.xml
Feed Description: Ruby. Rails. Stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Christopher Williams
Latest Posts From Late to the Party

Advertisement

Google has again decided to run it's Summer of Code - funding students to work on open source projects. Unfortunately, last year Ruby wasn't able to get in by the deadline, but this year David Black made sure Ruby Central was a participating organization. We had 14 mentors signup and (last count I saw) 84 student proposals.

The proposal review period is over and project allocations have been announced. Ruby Central received funding for 10 proposals, and the successful projects have been announced.

Among those accepted projects is work by Jason Morrison on RDT! He's a student at RIT (my alma mater) who helped start up our local Ruby/Rails group. I'll be his mentor, and he'll be working on trying to improve RDT to do some code resolution and type inferrence in an effort to improve code completion and other features (such as marking occurences of variables) for our project. Hopefully he'll also be releasing some sort of white paper/documentation to benefit the greater Ruby community beyond RDT/JRuby.

Thansk to Jason for the great proposal, and expect to see some more news about his work here in the future.

Read: Google Summer of Code

Topic: PSA Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Podcast... revisited

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use