The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Working at IBM

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Antonio Cangiano

Nickname: acangiano

Antonio Cangiano is a Ruby hacker
Working at IBM Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:56 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Antonio Cangiano.
Original Post: Working at IBM
Feed Title: Zen and the Art of Ruby Programming
Feed URL: http://programmingzen.com/category/ruby/feed/
Feed Description: Antonio Cangiano's blog about Ruby development.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Antonio Cangiano
Latest Posts From Zen and the Art of Ruby Programming

Advertisement

The last three weeks have been very exciting and busy for me; a time of immense change and new beginnings, in a beautiful country where I have the wonderful opportunity and chance to work for the IBM Toronto Software Lab. The lab environment is very stimulating with many smart people who are ready to help each other out, and it is definitely the best place I’ve ever worked in.

I am well aware that there are not many Ruby jobs out there at the moment, so I consider myself lucky as I work with Ruby and Ruby on Rails on a daily basis at IBM.

Speaking of Rails, I am sure many of you know David Heinemeier Hansson has recently announced the release of Rails 1.1. This release introduces many new features and additions, including a Ruby to Javascript compiler. To upgrade Rails, you can just use the command:

gem update Rails --include-dependencies

Meanwhile for those of you using Windows, Curt Hibbs has also released the RC1 of his One Click Installer.

While I am at it, I want to clarify that: all the opinions expressed in this blog are my own personal opinions and are not endorsed by, nor do they represent the opinions of my employer or any of its affiliates.

Read: Working at IBM

Topic: Persistent URLs: really easy (thank you open-uri, SOAP4R, Ruby) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How You Fake a Gem Server

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use