The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Moore's Law is crap

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Laurent Julliard

Nickname: eljay

Laurent Julliard, a Ruby hacker
Moore's Law is crap Posted: Mar 26, 2006 1:16 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Laurent Julliard.
Original Post: Moore's Law is crap
Feed Title: Laurent Julliard
Feed URL: http://www.moldus.org/blog/xml/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: Eljay's blog
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Laurent Julliard
Latest Posts From Laurent Julliard

Advertisement

I highly recommend that you read Steve Yegge blog about Moore's Law . It all revolve around the idea that the world of computer programming has been desperately boring for years... I fully second Steve's assertion... We are all using programming languages and programming paradigm from stone age... I can't stand those Java, C#, C++ languages: they are verbose, bloated, inconsistent and constantly get in the way of developer's mind. Programming is like trying to shoe horn bright human ideas in an incredibly brain damaged software and hardware technology. And the worse thing that could happean is that we get used to it (actually I think that the worse has already happened in most people's mind...).

Ok, ok, there are a number of OO scripting languages (e.g Ruby) that uses the same paradigms as those other brain damaged language but at least it tries to make your programmer's life as painless as possible and try not to get too much in the way...

Bottom line: do not accept the current situation as is. Go break the rules...

Read: Moore's Law is crap

Topic: Commercial PostgreSQL Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: FOX 1.6 Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use