The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
This weekend's game fest

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
This weekend's game fest Posted: Mar 13, 2006 7:36 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: This weekend's game fest
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
I took a four day holiday last week, flew to the Detroit area with a friend of mine, and did a four day game-a-thon. Here's the tally:

Thursday: We got in late and had dinner, so we only played a game of Settlers of Catan.

Friday: We got two games in. There were only three of us, so we first opted to try the three player variant of Here I Stand. We enjoyed it, but then I think you have to be a bit of a history buff to enjoy this game, since it's not especially combat oriented (except for the Ottomans), and it's definitely not short. I'd like to try it with six players some day.

The second game was Wellington. Unfortunately, I have decided that I hate this game as the dice and cards are so random and chaotic that it just makes it a crapshoot.

Saturday: Again, we got two games in. The first was Republic of Rome. This was a lot of fun, with lots of bargaining and backstabbing. Someone once said that Republic of Rome is for people who think Diplomacy is for pussies.

The second game was Britannia recently re-released by Fantasy Flight games with some minor changes. It was a blast - probably the best game of the weekend.

Sunday: Yet another two game day. The first was A Game of Thrones, based on the George R. R. Martin books (which I have yet to read, btw). It was good, but not great. I may have to buy the expansion.

The second game was a quick game of Louis XIV, which is short, simple and fun.

All in all, a great time.

Read: This weekend's game fest

Topic: Entrevista a Matz Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Rails Recipes Talk

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use