The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
The sprint of ideas before release

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
David Heinemeier Hansson

Nickname: dhh

David Heinemeier Hansson is the lead Ruby developer on 37signal's Basecamp and constructor of Rails
The sprint of ideas before release Posted: Mar 11, 2006 12:02 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by David Heinemeier Hansson.
Original Post: The sprint of ideas before release
Feed Title: Loud Thinking
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LoudThinking
Feed Description: All about the full-stack, web-framework Rails for Ruby and on putting it to good effect with Basecamp
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by David Heinemeier Hansson
Latest Posts From Loud Thinking

Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to get serious about Rails 1.1 and engaged in the final release sprint. One would think this would lead to the final commas being placed, the font size being adjusted, and proper kerning of the headline being ensured. Not so. The document that is Rails always evolves the most around closing and this release has been no different.

I'll try to go into detail in forthcoming posts on a few of the more exciting additions that has surfaced in recent time. But let me just shine light on similar exposures elsewhere. Jamis Buck has written an excellent guide to the new integration testing framework and Scott Raymond has been trawling the changelogs with light commentary and examples.

Now, just to setup a few expectations for myself going forward, these are the themes that has influenced my thinking on Rails of late:

• HTTP is a Wonderful Acquired Taste
  • Flash Beyond the Movies and into the Infrastructure
  • XML as a Glorified Hash
  • How to Make Polling Scale

Read: The sprint of ideas before release

Topic: Kel Guest Blogs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ruby Injection?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use