The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Just print it? No

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
Just print it? No Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: Just print it? No
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
So, I got yelled at a little bit today for not reading all of the documentation from a section of api.rubyonrails.com that I should have. Well, I hate reading manuals online, mmkay? Especially when they're big. I did look, but I missed it. Sue me.

I mentioned that I would like to have "Rails: The Complete Reference". You know, one of those big, fat books that isn't much more than an API walk.

"Well, just print it. Duh".

Except, that doesn't work. First, the text strays off the right edge if it's too wide, instead of wrapping. I'm not sure if this is an IE/Windows issue or not. Smells like a frame issue of some sort. I don't have any other way of printing from work at the moment, so I can't check. Second, it inlines the source code. I don't know how to stop that and, even if I did, I don't want to see "view source" links sprinkled throughout the document.

If the API were to come in a nice, pretty PDF format without all the unwanted links, that would be swell.

Read: Just print it? No

Topic: IntelliJ 5.1 Oh Yeah Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Yahoo! User Interface Library

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use