The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
#pdx.rb continues to grow

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Portland Ruby Brigade

Nickname: pdxrb

Portland Ruby Brigade is a group of Ruby enthusiasts from Portland, Oregon
#pdx.rb continues to grow Posted: Oct 6, 2005 11:24 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Portland Ruby Brigade.
Original Post: #pdx.rb continues to grow
Feed Title: PDX.rb
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss20/feed.xml
Feed Description: pdx.rb - The Portland Ruby Brigade speaks out!
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Portland Ruby Brigade
Latest Posts From PDX.rb

Advertisement

The Portland Ruby Brigade IRC channel is quickly growing in size. This morning we hit 18 people! 17 if you don’t count our trusty drb-subversion-aware, pdxrbot. Number 19 was me logging in on my laptop to take a screenshot. I don’t know about other Ruby user groups, but I bet we’re quickly headed towards being one of the largest and most active Ruby groups in the country.

We’re a small group… but we’re not that small. FOSCON was a great way for us to get some local attention. You can almost guarantee that we will be doing that again next year… and I would expect it to be bigger and better!

In terms of our small size. I was amazed to find out that with less than 40 people on the mailing list, we had around 30 people show up at the last meeting. It’s nice to know that there are so many people interested in Ruby in the Portland area. Scott Laird even took the train from Seattle to come to our meeting!

We will continue to add links to members on the sidebar of this blog and we’re hoping to launch the new website in the coming week(s).

If you live in the Portland area and are even just slightly interested in Ruby, stop by on the IRC channel or subscribe to our mailing list.

Expect to hear more out of the Portland Ruby Brigade in the coming months!

Read: #pdx.rb continues to grow

Topic: PHP versus Ruby, round two Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Great Smalltalk quote

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use