The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Life round-up

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Assaph Mehr

Nickname: assaph

Assaph is a Sr Tech Designer, which just means that he draws diagrams by day and programs by night
Life round-up Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:09 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Assaph Mehr.
Original Post: Life round-up
Feed Title: Open Mouth, Insert Foot (Echo Internationally)
Feed URL: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/AssaphMehr/rss
Feed Description: General geekness venting, mostly about Ruby and why Software Engineering != Computer Science, dammit!
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Assaph Mehr
Latest Posts From Open Mouth, Insert Foot (Echo Internationally)

Advertisement

From Bruce Tate and Joel's Forums come a couple of light reading pieces about the state of affairs in the Java world. Not much to add, except that this is why I've made the decision that if I don't get to code Ruby, I'd rather not code (professionally :) at all.

And before anyone points out the diminishing costs of starting-up, I have given this some thoughts. In a time where I was looking to leave my current employer (aka the tar pits of oblivion), this was very appealing. But life has other notions, and I do have some obligations. So I am changing places (next week - woohoo!) to a new employer with a much more supportive environment but minimal coding, and I'll get my fix coding open-source.

On the one hand, it's much less coding than I'd like but on the other hand I get to work on things I have passion for, and at least enjoy the environment during daylight. So expect a continued stream of innovations in Pimki... but at very fluid deadlines :-) I currently have many more ideas than time and I really enjoy this project, so Pimki will remain alive and kicking albeit in slow-motion.

And maybe one day, when life is lessing pressing, I'd get off my butt and start working on that nifty idea...

Read: Life round-up

Topic: New conditional expression in Python Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Joe O'Brien signs deal with Pragmatic Programmers

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use