The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Date::Calc nightmare

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
Date::Calc nightmare Posted: Sep 15, 2005 3:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: Date::Calc nightmare
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
It seems that the latest version of Date::Calc is not compatible with the old app I'm moving. For reasons that completely defy reason, the author has switched most (but not all) of the methods from lowercase to uppercase without providing any aliases. In addition, some methods are just *gone*, with neither a mention of their removal in the changelog, nor any indication as to what I should use instead.

Jesus wept.

I dug around on backpan a bit, but all I see there are versions 2.2 and earlier, but I'm looking for 4.1. So, I'll have to either find an old version *somewhere* or I'll have to dig through all the source files, find all the old method calls, update them to the new method calls, and find replacements for the methods that don't exist any more.

Personally, I hoping to find an old version because I do *not* want to deal with this.

Read: Date::Calc nightmare

Topic: Getting closer Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Feeling a little low…

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use