The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Gaming Goodness

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
Gaming Goodness Posted: Sep 13, 2005 9:32 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: Gaming Goodness
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
I finally found a good gaming group via boardgamegeek called denvergames. It's a bit of a drive (a Borders out in Aurora - ugh), but it was worth it. It's more of a Euro gaming crowd, but that's fine, plus I made a couple contacts with some folks who like a good wargame on the weekend now and then.

Tonight I played two new games - San Juan, which is a simple card based resource gathering style game, and Power Grid, which combines ideas from games like Monopoly and Rail Baron, but mixes in commodities to boot. Both were fun.

The folks were very friendly, and there are even a couple women in the group, which is a refreshing change from the all-male hardcore wargaming scene.

Read: Gaming Goodness

Topic: Ruby syntax coloring on RubyForge Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Praise for Pages

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use