The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Hobix and Rails Wed Unceremoniously Off Behind the Podomatic

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
Hobix and Rails Wed Unceremoniously Off Behind the Podomatic Posted: Aug 30, 2005 3:50 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: Hobix and Rails Wed Unceremoniously Off Behind the Podomatic
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

I know you’re expecting some towering squid-glued-to-a-shark to come reaching around the buildings yelling, “BLAHHHG!” But it’s not that. I can’t say I know exactly how it works (and you’re probably going to say it rings of a hoax) but this new podcaster’s toolkit site—Podomatic—uses Rails for its controllers and templates (of course) and Hobix, the dorky little content engine used here on RedHanded, for its backend.

Justin Dossey, the Justice of the Peace, says:

We provide anyone with their own podcast blog and all the associated bits and pieces like search, folksonomy, recommendations, and an online media library. Hobix is flexible enough that it wasn’t a big stretch to add an email-like facility for sharing audio files. You can record new audio directly through the browser using a flash applicaation, and there are some flash tools on the site that allow you to create multi-part recordings (think intro and outro).

I would have never expected this. But I can see where he’s coming from. Sometimes a database is too constraining. (seen on hobix-is-the-way.)

Read: Hobix and Rails Wed Unceremoniously Off Behind the Podomatic

Topic: IMG_0665.JPG [Flickr] Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: IMG_0661.JPG [Flickr]

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use