The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Taipei – last day

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Premshree Pillai

Nickname: premshree

Premshree Pillai is a Ruby evangelist, working with Yahoo!.
Taipei – last day Posted: Aug 20, 2005 3:05 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Premshree Pillai.
Original Post: Taipei – last day
Feed Title: Premshree's Personal Weblog
Feed URL: http://premshree.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: Premshree's Weblog
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Premshree Pillai
Latest Posts From Premshree's Personal Weblog

Advertisement

Thursday, after work, we went for dinner at Taipei’s most popular restaurant—Din Tai Fong. It was featured among the world’s best restaurants in the New York Times and things like that. They’ve now got branches in LA, Tokyo, etc. Lotsa foreigners are bound to be here. And don’t expect to just get in—you’ll need to wait for your turn patiently. Food was really good, btw.

After dinner, we headed to Ice Monster, another very popular joint. Then bought some random alcohol from 7-eleven—a chain of convenient stores all over Taiwan; originally American, but bought over by the Japanese branch. (One of the alcohol bottles—some deer antlers stuff—broke, and that too after I reached office in Bangalore.)

My flight was at 8:30, which meant I’d have to leave the hotel by around 6:00, which meant I’d have to wake up really early. And, since it was the last day, meeting [info]eddd was necessary. We hit Luxy. And it was ladies’ night (every Wednesday at all clubs in Taipei). Bloody awesome place! I generally wouldn’t choose to go to a hip-hop place, but this place—totally effing good. Luxy had lots of notices displayed outside—one of them being “please refrain from leaving the club before midnight” :-).

After that we hit Carnegie’s, drank nothing there, and then headed to our respective hotels.

Read: Taipei – last day

Topic: Thin Strand of Search-and-Replace Rails Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Moron Central

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use