The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Ruby is the New Exfoliating Spa Treatment

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
Ruby is the New Exfoliating Spa Treatment Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:01 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: Ruby is the New Exfoliating Spa Treatment
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Please forgive me for posting a mere testimonial, but this one goes beyond appraisal and finally realizes me for what I am: a shaman. Listen to what I can do:

So I was sitting here reading this (poignant) guide/book on Ruby and in my mind suddenly I imagined myself in a clean, well-lit room looking at very pretty code on screen. Simple, beautiful code that worked, overcome by a sense of joy and freedom that came with it. And I stopped for a bit before casting the image away from my mind to study my imaginary self because he looked so different than the man I saw in the mirror this morning and thought, that’s the happiest I remember myself looking in a very long time.

Welcome to the mental planes of the all-seeing all-petaled red lotus. A geisha with fourteen arms will take your jacket. Here, you are undefiled. You are anesthetized. A polished, red hellhound gazes wistfully as you… as if… as if… as if he is a duck… Various WEBrick servers are tiled in mosaic on the ceiling… A monk passes you the class << self; include Tranquility; end... As the mixin takes its effect, your eyes spin in the direction of precedence of operators that flow in freely: modulo, xor, to-the-power-of…

I think we need to move away from converting Pythonistas and go after the Scientologists directly. At lowest potency, we are better than tea tree. We offer cleansing such that Melaleuca will be defunct within the hour. (The guy quoted is Juan.)

Read: Ruby is the New Exfoliating Spa Treatment

Topic: Enumerated types in Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ecto bug?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use