The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Ruby Eye for the Python Guy

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Britt

Nickname: jamesbritt

James Britt is a principal in 30 Second Rule, and runs ruby-doc.org and rubyxml.com
Ruby Eye for the Python Guy Posted: Sep 5, 2003 8:25 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by James Britt.
Original Post: Ruby Eye for the Python Guy
Feed Title: ruby-doc
Feed URL: http://www.ruby-doc.org/index.rb/rss0.91.xml
Feed Description: New and updates for the Ruby Documentation Project web site.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by James Britt
Latest Posts From ruby-doc

Advertisement

Or girl.

The ruby-talk mailing list (AKA comp.lang.ruby) has developed something of a permathread concerning Ruby and Python. Sometimes it starts as an innocent request from someone just starting out, looking for a good solid language. Other times, it's a not-so-subtle troll. Either way, the discussions tend to be the same, with similar comments and comparisons.

Rather than encourage a semi-regular rehash of the topic, this page attempts to collect pointers to worthwhile web pages and list archives covering the subject. It does not include all possible links, because a) some of them are flame wars, childish, or simple wrong; b) I haven't the time to go and verify every link I've discovered using brute Googling; and c) being a Rubyist I tend not to keep up on how Ruby is presented in the Pythonista camp. But, despite the page title, these links are (hopefully) not too one-sided, though it is unlikely to be completely impartial. If you have a link you believe should be included, please send it to jbritt@ruby-doc.org and I'll include it. (Unless, of course, it's a flame war or childish or simply wrong).

Read: Ruby Eye for the Python Guy

Topic: New Book Featuring Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Einfuhrung in Ruby: Chapter 4

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use