The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
A Webmonkey Guy Thinks I Should Write for Webmonkey

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
A Webmonkey Guy Thinks I Should Write for Webmonkey Posted: Jul 20, 2005 1:00 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: A Webmonkey Guy Thinks I Should Write for Webmonkey
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Yeah, okay, here’s a good one. Nice try, Terminator II with the Dracula collar. Except, wait, I think I actually already have like twelve ideas for good Webmonkey articles, see this:

• How to Comfortably Nest Yourself in REST Protocols and Lay Pure Golden Eggs of API Soundness (Wrap on it With Your Knuckle, It’s Fer Real!)
  • The Sneaky, Old Man Who Spends One Page Learning About Regular Expressions and the Other Four Pages Wandering Off-Topic into a Nexus Clutterd with Winged Eyebrows and a Sick, Old Castle That Throws Up Suits of Armor
  • Social Free-tagging (By Which I Mean “Chunky Bacon” on the Side of Your Neighbor’s Motorhome)
  • The Rabbit Whose Bracelets and Whose Friends’ Bracelets Were All Made Out of Pure CSS-Only Tabbed Interfaces and Their Village Was Made Outta the Stuff, Too!
  • Preeventualism, All Other Webmonkeying Aside
  • Ruby’s Flip-Flip Operator, Will Someone Please Use This Other Than Me??
  • Getting Your Feet With with Ruby Scripts to Forceably Bar Your TiVo From Recording Katie Couric Interviews, Specifically Interviews With JK Rowling Where the Worldwide Audience is Cutely Referred to as “Muggles” (Wink, Wink) and She Says Things Like, “Let Me Just Take a Peek Behind this Bookcase, Just Checking for Death Eaters,” and Kids’ Imaginations Are Allowed to Run Rampant, Unchecked
  • My Favorite Texts to Flood IRC Channels With (Can These Monsters Really Kickban Me for Improving Their Literacy??)
  • Pagan Prayers Which, With Shields Raised in the Name of the Demeter, Are Proved to Make Your Application Completely Scalable
  • Defacing Webmonkey, An Insider’s Experience
  • .. and it’s follow-up story: Okay, I’ve Cleaned Up My Act and Webmonkey is Letting Me Post Stuff Again But They Didn’t Say Anything About This Obscure XSS Attack Which is Currently Descending Upon Your Browser, Goodbye

Hey, stop it, I initially learned PHP from Webmonkey. And Hotbot was my home page. And I hadn’t kissed a girl yet. So while I respect Webmonkey a great deal and hold it in the highest of possible regards, it completely reeks of virginity when I click on it.

Read: A Webmonkey Guy Thinks I Should Write for Webmonkey

Topic: Is this script being run by cron? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Speaking at the Columbus Ruby Brigade

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use