The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Robby On Rails, up and running again

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robby Russell

Nickname: matchboy

Robby Russell is the Founder & Executive Director PLANET ARGON, a Ruby on Rails development firm
Robby On Rails, up and running again Posted: May 17, 2005 12:55 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Robby Russell.
Original Post: Robby On Rails, up and running again
Feed Title: Robby on Rails
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: My reflections on programming with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL... and learning how to run a business...
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Robby Russell
Latest Posts From Robby on Rails

Advertisement

So, I felt pretty stupid… ya know, deleting my blog and all… and then to find out that my backup script forPostgreSQL was calling the wrong version of pg_dump (7.3) which doesn’t work with the PostgreSQL version that this blog is running on (8.0). A simple mistake in the path to /usr/bin/pg_dump, whould have been /usr/local/pgsql-8.0/bin/pg_dump. The things that you look over…

I want to thank my lovely RSS reading program, Liferea, for keeping a nice cache file of my blog entries and all the comments on my blog to date. The only thing that I did lose was the email addresses and urls of everybody who posted a comment and filled out those fields. How am I supposed to sell all your details now? :-p

I spent the weekend, reading more of the book that I recently purchased. I am really enjoying it. I want to thank all of you who left me a list of books to check out. I will be placing some orders soon… or most likely, heading downtown to Powells Technical Books in the coming week.

I should also note that this is the first entry on my blog that has been posted through the admin interface. I like the double-pan window for previewing your entry while you’re typing it. Very nice. ;-)

Read: Robby On Rails, up and running again

Topic: Yahoo! Search link on Google Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The gun is good.

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use