The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Autrijus Raising Perl6 as a Real Puppy Should

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
Autrijus Raising Perl6 as a Real Puppy Should Posted: May 16, 2005 8:10 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: Autrijus Raising Perl6 as a Real Puppy Should
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Okay, well, from my point of view, from where I’m at in my life, the most baffling, dazzling, and enchanting read is the journal of Autrijus Tang, wherein he helps us all see how incredibly straightforward and pleasant it can be to code a Perl6 interpreter in Haskell and to call that interpreter Pugs. One-hundret-n-fife days ago he just suddenly jumped into the ground and started burrowing through the leaves and meadows, digging through the unexplored landscape of the priestly folklore that is Perl6. His swivel-necked drill glows fiercely—it is Haskell. (Keep in mind this all takes place during the monadic revolution.)

Is he really evangelizing Haskell? Is he really tossing together Perl6 from leftover pancake mix and used pinstripe pants? Yet? A Perl6 Wizard RPG? A Perl6 Metaclass? YAML in Perl6? And who—if they—but now??

Great coats, kid, slow down and read the guy’s journal.

Read: Autrijus Raising Perl6 as a Real Puppy Should

Topic: Job interview Friday! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Quicksilver and Tiger Voiceover

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use