The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
NetNewsWire 2.0 final

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Patrick Lenz

Nickname: scoop

Patrick Lenz is the lead developer at freshmeat.net and a contributor to the typo weblog engine
NetNewsWire 2.0 final Posted: May 13, 2005 2:07 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Patrick Lenz.
Original Post: NetNewsWire 2.0 final
Feed Title: poocs.net
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/poocsnet
Feed Description: Personal weblog about free and open source software, personal development projects and random geek buzz.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Patrick Lenz
Latest Posts From poocs.net

Advertisement

Despite the comments in my elderly ramblings Brent Simmons' NetNewsWire occupies the top-spot in my RSS reader heaven. I didn't use the 1.0 series a lot, but used the 2.0 betas almost since the very beginning. Now that 2.0 final is out after months of beta testing (or as John Gruber puts it: “This might be the most-improved 2.0 version of any app I’ve ever used”) it's time to spread the word again.

Since the most appealing “feature” of NewsFire is its small on-screen footprint, I recently devoted some time to squeeze NNW into an even smaller space and that worked out just fine as you can see below.

Coupled with its synchronization features (although a periodic sync would be nice and it still seems to be impossible to deflag items once they've been synched) and the fact that you can fully navigate it with your keyboard only, NNW clearly comes out ahead of the curve here and will happily sit on my desktop for a long time to come. Way to go!

Picture 2

Read: NetNewsWire 2.0 final

Topic: Rails meetup at Ireland's 32 tonight Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: test

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use