The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
life...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vincent Foley

Nickname: gnuvince

Vincent Foley is a hobbyist Rubyist.
life... Posted: Apr 25, 2005 2:05 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Vincent Foley.
Original Post: life...
Feed Title: Vincent Foley-Bourgon
Feed URL: http://www.livejournal.com/~gnuvince/data/rss
Feed Description: Vincent Foley-Bourgon - LiveJournal.com
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Vincent Foley
Latest Posts From Vincent Foley-Bourgon

Advertisement

Isn’t life the most unpredictable, amazing, wonderful thing in life? I went to my grandparent’s today, and my goddaughter and her sister (my cousin) were there. How amazing is it to see a 3 and a half year-old and a one and a half year-old behave. Both are well educated little girls who say “thanks” and know how to share. It’s amazing that at 40 years old, my godmother was able to have children, and that these children can make us better people. I’m not a terribly family-person, I see mom and dad at meals, and that’s pretty much it, I don’t talk to them as much as I ought to, I spend time one my computer instead. But the two little girls who I see less than once in a month really bring life to the whole family.

My goddaughter, Julie-Anne, and I were really enjoying ourselves playing with her sitcker book and when her godmother went to get her sister, she sais “je m’ennuie d’Audrey!” (I miss Audrey) How cute is that? And her little sister who was willing to share the McD’s gift that Audrey brought. A friend of my grandmother was there and I recall her saying “You have a wonderful family” and at that point I thought about how important it was to be close to your family and how I wasn’t.

This afternoon, my cousin Anthony came over to play some Playstation; it’s no big deal that somebody comes over to play Playstation, but it was really something for me, for one of the first time, because I thought that it was important that I, as the eldest child, spend some time with a younger member of the family.

You know, one day I hope I’m gonna be a daddy, and I swear I’ll do the best I can to be the best daddy I can be. I’ll drive my son/daugther to soccer practice, I’ll be in the auditorium listening, and mouthing the words during school play, I’ll brush my daugther’s hair and I’ll arm-wrestle (in a gentle way) my son.

Isn’t it sad that I can see myself as a daddy, but I can’t see myself as a husband? Even though I know there’s nothing to be scared of, I’m still shy when it comes to talking to girls. I hope one day, I can blog to say that my girlfriend is pregnant, or that I’m a new dad.

Peace everyone, let your loves be free,

Vincent.

Read: life...

Topic: Rails Clones: Bloodsuckers or Useful Drones? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: DSLs

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use