The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Modifying the joe ruby syntax colors

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robby Russell

Nickname: matchboy

Robby Russell is the Founder & Executive Director PLANET ARGON, a Ruby on Rails development firm
Modifying the joe ruby syntax colors Posted: Apr 24, 2005 2:35 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Robby Russell.
Original Post: Modifying the joe ruby syntax colors
Feed Title: Robby on Rails
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: My reflections on programming with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL... and learning how to run a business...
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Robby Russell
Latest Posts From Robby on Rails

Advertisement

Okay, as I haven’t quite figured out how to change the background colors of the osx terminal and I was attempting to use the syntax highlighting file that I posted earlier (some of the text in .rb files was not showing as the colors matched the background).

So, what I did was edit the ruby syntax file and add a few changes (color and new configurations). I decided to use the emacs rb highlighting as a base for what I wanted the joe highlighting to look like.

In the end, here is a side-by-side comparison of emacs and joe on my development server.

(click to view larger version)

If anybody wants my ruby syntax file, email me and I will send it over. I will probably continue to make some changes to it until I get the ideal color schema and will post a link to the file later on.

Read: Modifying the joe ruby syntax colors

Topic: DSLs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Cross-domain XMLHttpRequest

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use