The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
A sucker for joe

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robby Russell

Nickname: matchboy

Robby Russell is the Founder & Executive Director PLANET ARGON, a Ruby on Rails development firm
A sucker for joe Posted: Apr 24, 2005 12:35 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Robby Russell.
Original Post: A sucker for joe
Feed Title: Robby on Rails
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: My reflections on programming with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL... and learning how to run a business...
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Robby Russell
Latest Posts From Robby on Rails

Advertisement

Now that I am spending more time outside of the office and away from my local development network, I find myself struggling with working remotely and continuing to be efficient. I have been trying to work with TextMate, but it’s really not doing it for me as an efficient editor. I prefer KDevelop to it by a long shot (integrated CVS, Subversion, debugging, documentation, etc). However, for small tasks I still end up doing a lot of work in joe. Yes, joe, that silly wordstar-like editor. It has syntax highlighting (as of last year) and I think that my liking of it started when a previous employer showed it to me and got me out of my vim-hell. I can work my way around vim… but when it comes down to it, I just don’t care for modes. Emacs is a nice editor, but I just haven’t taken the time to learn all the commands and when I am working remotely, I don’t have the time to look up the shortcuts. (in due time). Joe doesn’t have cvs or svn integration but I have it on all my servers… but it hasn’t had ruby syntax highlighting!

Well, I just stumbled across this. I will be adding this to all my servers now. :-)

In other news, I am hoping to announce some good news in the coming days… but need to wait for the official approval to make an announcement.

Eventually, I need to learn to use emacs more as it does have cvs integration.

Read: A sucker for joe

Topic: Rails 0.12 - gone are the days of piggy back Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: 0.12.1 released...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use