The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
MyBandSpot moving to Ruby on Rails

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robby Russell

Nickname: matchboy

Robby Russell is the Founder & Executive Director PLANET ARGON, a Ruby on Rails development firm
MyBandSpot moving to Ruby on Rails Posted: Apr 19, 2005 1:56 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Robby Russell.
Original Post: MyBandSpot moving to Ruby on Rails
Feed Title: Robby on Rails
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: My reflections on programming with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL... and learning how to run a business...
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Robby Russell
Latest Posts From Robby on Rails

Advertisement

One of our pet-projects, MyBandSpot that has been used by a few local bands in Portland, Oregon is going to be rebuilt in Ruby on Rails in the next month. It’s currently built in PHP, Smarty, and PostgreSQL and we are going to rebuild the Management console in Ruby on Rails so that we can use some of the fancy built-in AJAX features and slowly work our way into the core system for the template engine. At this time our Smarty based system works well for the band websites (we store our templates in PostgreSQL), so we will focus our attention on the client area for managing their sites.

We have been putting off the final design on this area and after spending a few hours Refactoring, I decided that it was time to go ahead and make the obvious decision and slice the project in half (and maybe rebuild the whole system in the future).

Small steps are better than none, right?

Read: MyBandSpot moving to Ruby on Rails

Topic: shift, reset and streams Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: I have been listening forever, but have only started again for the rest of ya’ll

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use