The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Greg Kroah-Hartman has coffee with PDXLUG

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Robby Russell

Nickname: matchboy

Robby Russell is the Founder & Executive Director PLANET ARGON, a Ruby on Rails development firm
Greg Kroah-Hartman has coffee with PDXLUG Posted: Apr 15, 2005 9:26 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Robby Russell.
Original Post: Greg Kroah-Hartman has coffee with PDXLUG
Feed Title: Robby on Rails
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/rss/feed.xml
Feed Description: My reflections on programming with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL... and learning how to run a business...
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Robby Russell
Latest Posts From Robby on Rails

Advertisement

As many of you may or may not know, I helped start up PDXLUG over two years ago and it’s always been a very informal group. We have a mailing list, monthly meetings, a media sharing library (people lend books to each other at meetings and reserve books), have had a booth at OSCON (where we handed out tons of customized PDXLUG Knoppix discs), and it’s always been a fairly small group (in terms of people that show up to meetings). I don’t make it to most of the meetings as things like band rehersal come first.

Last night, we had our first ever “speaker.” However, the agreement was that he would just show up and sit around the coffee tables at our coffee shop meeting place and answer questions. Greg Kroah-Hartman co-wrote O’Reilly’s Linux Device Drivers, 3rd Ed..

Greg Kroah-Hartman has been writing Linux kernel drivers since 1999, and is currently the maintainer for the USB, PCI, I2C, driver core, and sysfs kernel subsystems. He is also the maintainer of the udev and hotplug userspace programs, as well as being a Gentoo kernel maintainer, ensuring that his email inbox is never empty. He is a contributing editor to Linux Journal Magazine, and works for IBM’s Linux Technology Center, doing various Linux kernel related tasks.

He was very friendly and fielded many different types of questions and gave honest feedback on peoples questions. It’s cool to know that so many great contributors to the Open Source community..live in Portland.

Read: Greg Kroah-Hartman has coffee with PDXLUG

Topic: Stop, For Blogging's Sake Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Contrasting scaling in J2EE and Rails/FastCGI

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use