The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Ruby

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Britt

Nickname: jamesbritt

James Britt is a principal in 30 Second Rule, and runs ruby-doc.org and rubyxml.com
Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Ruby Posted: Mar 23, 2005 2:05 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by James Britt.
Original Post: Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Ruby
Feed Title: ruby-doc
Feed URL: http://www.ruby-doc.org/index.rb/rss0.91.xml
Feed Description: New and updates for the Ruby Documentation Project web site.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by James Britt
Latest Posts From ruby-doc

Advertisement

Hal Fulton has an article up on DevSource, Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Ruby.

When DevSource asked me to write this article, I had to fight two temptations. One was to make it very language-oriented, talking about Ruby's syntax and semantics. Another was to make it very technology-oriented, full of buzzwords such as RSS and XMLRPC.

Though I've used the occasional buzzword here, I took neither of those paths. I've tried instead to present Ruby from a high-level view, almost a management perspective, to show that Ruby is mature, powerful, versatile, and gaining industry acceptance on a daily basis.

Read: Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with Ruby

Topic: NaHi Vacuums And Aims Febreze At RAA Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: RubyGems 0.8.8 with better dependency management

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use