The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Moshe Zadka and EuroPython 2003

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jarno Virtanen

Nickname: jajvirta

Jarno Virtanen is a university student for life, it seems, and a part time software developer
Moshe Zadka and EuroPython 2003 Posted: Jul 9, 2003 11:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Jarno Virtanen.
Original Post: Moshe Zadka and EuroPython 2003
Feed Title: Python owns us
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: A weblog about Python from the view point of Jarno Virtanen.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Jarno Virtanen
Latest Posts From Python owns us

Advertisement

Moshe's first trip report of EuroPython 2003. It's not your usual happy-happy-joy-joy and always-look-on-the-bright-side-of-everything kind of reporting I mostly do, but maybe that's because Moshe has real brains instead of the two rotten grapes I have up there between my temporals.

Moshe didn't comment on his own talks —although he could have had said how it felt for him or something— so here are some comments from me, although I must admit that I think that feedback about talks is usually pretty worthless. Not because feedback generally is worthless, but because people generally can't give feedback. I didn't take proper notes, so I need to rely on my fragile memory. The talks I saw were a talk on Twisted as whole and a talk on Twisted Web (server). At the other end of the links are the slides (in XHTML) for the speaks.

So, in short:

• The stage appearance was a bit too hectic and the contact with the audience was not as good as possible. On the other hand, I could easily understand what he was saying. And seemed somewhat enthusiastic, which is nice.
  • Speed was adequate; maybe a bit too fast for my taste, but then again I am a bit slow myself, so there. And he did manage to cover a lot for both of the half hour talks.
  • Some annoying little mistakes (with the code samples and such) that Moshe tried to correct on-the-fly which makes it more difficult to follow. (I wouldn't have noticed half of them if he hadn't pointed them himself.)
  • Good overall structure, and extra bonus points for going to the point quickly. That's rare. A lot of code samples, which yields even more bonus points.
  • Quotes were charming, but I didn't have the time to follow them because of the speed.

Read: Moshe Zadka and EuroPython 2003

Topic: Do I Hear a nEcho? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Java Ideals

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use