The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Back from EuroPython

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jarno Virtanen

Nickname: jajvirta

Jarno Virtanen is a university student for life, it seems, and a part time software developer
Back from EuroPython Posted: Jul 3, 2003 4:26 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Jarno Virtanen.
Original Post: Back from EuroPython
Feed Title: Python owns us
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: A weblog about Python from the view point of Jarno Virtanen.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Jarno Virtanen
Latest Posts From Python owns us

Advertisement

So I am back from Belgium and EuroPython. I enjoyed the conference as whole although I was a bit distracted because of some personal problems of mine that I will not describe in any detail. I was mostly not in a mood to get to know new people, but I am real glad meeting Leonard (and some other people, too) with whom I seemed to get along fine. I hope to be doing some silly little project or something with him in the future.

The relevance of the content of the conference was varying for me. But I guess that is what conferences usually are. In next few days I will do some recollecting of the trip and try to provide you a glance of the conference through my eyes.

As far as appearances go, the biggest, yet positive, surprise of how people look like was Jack Jansen. I have seen him only as "Jack Jansen" on python-dev mailing list (that I read from time to time) and his classic-britpunk-black-jeans-looks were so charming and a nice exception amongst us traditional nerd-looking nerds. (Nothing wrong with that either.)

My forthcoming trip notes are not going to be all fact and informing, but senses and feelings and little things. As for the actual content of the presentations it is best to refer to the slides and papers in EuroPython page. After all, the slides are a condenced format of the subject in hand.

Finally I would like to give a big thank you to everyone giving a talk, doing the background work and organizing and everyone attending the conference. Like Francis Glassborow said on his keynote: people are the community.

Thank you.

And on quasi-related news: I have also started blogging in Finnish which most probably is not of any interest to you, but it might slightly change the stuff I channel to this particular weblog. I found that writing in Finnish really is a great relief. I hope that this habit only improves the way I write in English too.

Read: Back from EuroPython

Topic: Strong Typing vs Strong Testing Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: In praise of functional programming

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use