The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
PyNSource - UML Modelling Tools for Python

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ed Taekema

Nickname: etaekema

Ed Taekema is a wandering Jython enthusiast
PyNSource - UML Modelling Tools for Python Posted: Jul 27, 2004 2:35 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Ed Taekema.
Original Post: PyNSource - UML Modelling Tools for Python
Feed Title: All things Jythonic
Feed URL: http://www.pycs.net/users/0000177/categories/jython/rss.xml
Feed Description: Blogging Jython...
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Ed Taekema
Latest Posts From All things Jythonic

Advertisement

I have been looking for a good class diagram generator for my jython / python work and stumbled on PyNSource. Here is a quick list of features:

A python code scanner and UML modelling tool that generates

• UML diagram models that you can layout, arrange and print out.
  • UML text diagrams, which you can paste into your source code for documentation purposes.
  • Java or Delphi code (which can be subsequently imported into more sophisticated UML modelling tools, like Enterprise Architect or ESS-Model (free).)

Features

• Resilient: doesn't import the python files, thus will never get "stuck" when syntax is wrong.
  • Fast
  • Recognises inheritance and composition relationships
  • Detects the cardinality of associations e.g. one to one or 1..* etc
  • Optionally treat modules as classes - creating a pseudo class for each module - module variables and functions are treated as Attributes and methods of a class
  • Has been developed using unit tests (supplied) so that you can trust it just that little bit more ;-)
  • Free

I gave it a quick try and here is what it looks like (click on the image to see the larger text):

I know that a number of python ide's have class browsers built in but how about a class diagram a-la uml as well? I think that would be pretty handy. Please let me know if there are are other python aware tools out there.

Read: PyNSource - UML Modelling Tools for Python

Topic: Spam in my lunchbox at work Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Xiru.org Running Plone 2

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use