The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Statistica's COM library docs suck

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Phillip Pearson

Nickname: myelin

Phillip Pearson is a Python hacker from New Zealand
Statistica's COM library docs suck Posted: May 21, 2004 10:38 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Phillip Pearson.
Original Post: Statistica's COM library docs suck
Feed Title: Second p0st
Feed URL: http://www.myelin.co.nz/post/rss.xml
Feed Description: Tech notes and web hackery from the guy that brought you bzero, Python Community Server, the Blogging Ecosystem and the Internet Topic Exchange
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Phillip Pearson
Latest Posts From Second p0st

Advertisement

Argh ... trying to automate Statistica to get it to do some graphs, except the documentation for the COM library omits basic things like the types of objects that functions return. The docs say things like:

LinePlot2D.Options

Description Returns the statistical graph options of the graph

Return Value None.

See LinePlot2D for additional properties available to STATISTICA LinePlot2D objects.

Nowhere in there did it mention that LinePlot2D.Options is a property of type StatsGraphsOptions, so you have to go and find example code to be able to find out what the options actually are.

At least I'm working in Python, which figures out most of the types for me, so I can just grab the Options property and look at the results of dir(opts) to get more of a clue as to what's going on. If I had Visual Studio installed, which I don't, I would probably be able to get much more info on the calls by browsing the type library, but I've only got the 60-day demo version at home, and I don't feel like waiting 6 hours for it to install. win32all's COM MakePy tool has given me a statistica.py file to look at, but it doesn't have all the info I need either.

Comment

Read: Statistica's COM library docs suck

Topic: These people talk to each other now? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Pain in the Butt

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use