The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
PyCon sprints, day 1

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ted Leung

Nickname: twl

Ted Leung is principal of Sauria Associates, LLC. He is a member of the Apache Software Foundation
PyCon sprints, day 1 Posted: Mar 20, 2004 7:17 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Ted Leung.
Original Post: PyCon sprints, day 1
Feed Title: Ted Leung on the air : computers/programming/python
Feed URL: http://www.sauria.com/blog/computers/programming/python?flav=rss
Feed Description: Ted Leung on the air: Open Source, Java, Python, and ...
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Ted Leung
Latest Posts From Ted Leung on the air : computers/programming/python

Advertisement
It's been a long day so far. I woke up at 7AM and wandered over the the Cavritz center where the sprints are being held. I was the second person to show up, so I helped wire up the two rooms for the sprints. People started drifting in a bit after that, and in no time at all we were up and running.

The Chandler sprint is going fairly well. In addition to the folks who signed up, Brian Dorsey, who I met at the Seattle Python User's Group, has joined the sprint, and is asking all kinds of interesting questions, and is giving some good feedback on documentation and API designs. Bear from #chandler is here and it's good to finally have a face, voice, and facial expressions to put to the name. He also came "loaded for bear" -- he brought enough backup equipment to run another sprint all by himself. Roger Eaton is here climbing the Python and Chandler learning cures, and Michael Bernstein also joined us for the day. We had some glitches getting started -- mostly because it's been a little while since I've really used a Windows build, and partially because I was barely awake. But we've got things straightened out now, and we'll be ready to start on the actual sprint work in the morning. The most commonly asked question is "Why aren't you using ZODB?". There is a page on the Chandler wiki that contains the answer. Jeremy Hylton did stop by and give us (mostly me) a mini tutorial on ZODB so I could understand how it compares.

It's been good to start connecting names and faces. Itamar Shtull-Trauring stopped by to in-person introduce himself, and I know that there are a few other folks floating around who I haven' t met in person yet. Please stop by the table -- don't be shy.

For all the latest news on PyCon, head over to the PyCon site and subscribe to the PyCon feedpaper.

Read: PyCon sprints, day 1

Topic: Applications that support Python scripting Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Quotable quotes

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use