The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
.NET linker

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Phillip Pearson

Nickname: myelin

Phillip Pearson is a Python hacker from New Zealand
.NET linker Posted: Jan 28, 2004 5:05 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Phillip Pearson.
Original Post: .NET linker
Feed Title: Second p0st
Feed URL: http://www.myelin.co.nz/post/rss.xml
Feed Description: Tech notes and web hackery from the guy that brought you bzero, Python Community Server, the Blogging Ecosystem and the Internet Topic Exchange
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Phillip Pearson
Latest Posts From Second p0st

Advertisement

Joel Spolsky wants a linker for .NET. I wholeheartedly agree ... the installation overhead required for distributing C# apps at the moment totally sucks. If I make anything for anybody else, I can't use C# because it'll take them all day to download and install all the prereqs. So I end up using something else, like Python, which has a small enough runtime that I can just bundle the lot together.

It's certainly possible -- Java developers have JET, which compiles to native code and links in the relevant JRE bits. Now we need something for .NET that does the same.

Comment

Read: .NET linker

Topic: Style-insensitive names Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: File retriever for PyPI?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use