The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Whew! Been busy - real busy

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Victor Ng

Nickname: victorng

Victor Ng programs Python for money, but he'd be programming Python anyway if he was a bum.
Whew! Been busy - real busy Posted: Nov 27, 2003 8:31 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Victor Ng.
Original Post: Whew! Been busy - real busy
Feed Title: Victor Ng's Weblog
Feed URL: https://blog.crankycoder.com/feed/atom/
Feed Description: Python Feed
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Victor Ng
Latest Posts From Victor Ng's Weblog

Advertisement

Hey kids,

No posts in a long while. I've been on a blogging hiatus for about 3 weeks (has it been that long?). Yikes.

I'd say I just came back from Australia, but that was 2 weeks ago. Wiz and I went down to beautiful Melbourne (Hey Intrepid folks!) for a week and a half to do a pitch for a new software project. Melbourne is really nice. I miss it a little even though I was only there for a week. It's warm - the food is great and the city has a really nice feel to it - something I've always felt that Toronto was lacking.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It's not that there's nothing to do in Toronto - but the city is all sprawled out. Outside of a couple spots on Queen, and strips along College street there's no really vibrant area of Toronto. Damn shame.

Anyway - Melbourne. What's there to say - we did a pitch - got drunk with the Aussie's a couple nights (especially on my birthday - although the Intrepid folks called it their Europe product launch). Too much sangria, wine, rum, bourbon and gin makes me want to smoke cigarettes. I think I woke up drunk the next morning.

The good news is that the trip as a whole went well - I think it's just up to the management folks to sort out licensing issues to finalize the deal - but either way us GAP folks are moving ahead anyway.

Books: Just finished reading The Man in the High Castle by Phillip Dick. Good reading material for the airplane. Richard is recommending that I get my hands on Fatherland . I am on an alternative history kick. :)

Nerd-core stuff: PEAK is my new toy right now. It's so utterly cool and yet it's alpha quality software - but it's pretty interesting to me right now. Don't go running off to use it for production code yet though - it's still at rev 0.5a3 so it's very far from usable from the public.

For those of you playing with Webware - if you haven't been tracking the mailing list - Ian Bicking has done a pretty big refactoring to rip out WebKit from Webware. Check it out.

That's it for now.

Kirk out. (I've always wanted to say that)

Read: Whew! Been busy - real busy

Topic: Waxy Fruvous Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Syncato 0.7 Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use