The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Do It Yourself

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Ian Bicking

Nickname: ianb

Ian Bicking is a freelance programmer
Do It Yourself Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:21 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Ian Bicking.
Original Post: Do It Yourself
Feed Title: Ian Bicking
Feed URL: http://www.ianbicking.org/feeds/atom.xml
Feed Description: Thoughts on Python and Programming.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Ian Bicking
Latest Posts From Ian Bicking

Advertisement

In response to some of the recent activity around Python web frameworks, and some of the new interest in Paste, I thought it would be helpful to write a document about how you write a framework using WSGI. With RhubarbTart coming in at 302 lines (according to sloccount) I figure it's a pretty reasonable to consider writing your own. But really my hope is that this will make people more comfortable with this architectural style. Even if you don't write your own framework, it's nice to know both that you could write your own framework, and that you can probably understand the framework someone else writes, approaching it piece-by-piece.

So, here's the start: A Do-It-Yourself Framework. I still want to talk about configuration and deployment with Paste Deploy, and about packaging your application with setuptools and using entry points, but this is a good start.

Note that I haven't tested the examples. Bad me. Testing tires me out sometimes.

Read: Do It Yourself

Topic: site-packages Considered Harmful Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Improved definitions

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use