The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
First Impression of the iPod Shuffle

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
First Impression of the iPod Shuffle Posted: Mar 12, 2005 8:41 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: First Impression of the iPod Shuffle
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

The iPod Shuffles arrived yesterday. I've seen it before, so I'm not surprised by its small size. Let me just say when I put it on the desk it blends in with the other office supplies really well, smaller than the stappler, could easily be mistaken for an eraser.

The operation of it couldn't be simpler. Plug it into a USB port on the Mac mini caused iTunes to open up and a "Weiqi Gao's iPod" "folder" to appear. A click on the AutoFill button is all it takes to copy the songs in the Library to the Shuffle.

I left the iPod in over night to charge the battery. And I've been listening to it all day today, lanyard around the neck.

Upon hearing the first song, I said to myself, "this sounds nice." I'm not a big audio person and it doesn't take much to please me, but the sound out of the Shuffle is better than the sound out of my PC speakers.

The next song is one I had forgotten that I downloaded. (I hadn't bought any songs from the iTunes Music Store yet. My songs are either ripped out of my few CDs or downloaded in the First Napster Era.) It's a French song. Again, sounding nicer then I first heard it.

Steve Jobs is right (either that or his reality distortion field has worked) that the randomness of the selections is a source of pleasure out of the Shuffle. It feels more like listening to a radio station without the talking in between songs. Well, with the different genre of music I have, it's more like listening to ten different radio stations.

I'm really glad I bought the iPod Shuffle. I like the infinite little surprises that I was treated with today.

Who knows, maybe I'll start buying music from the iTunes Music Store one of these days.

Read: First Impression of the iPod Shuffle

Topic: GeronoSpring: Developers can use Spring and claim EJB 3 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Mar 4, 2005 08:53 PST] 5 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use