The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
JavaOne proposal rejected

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
JavaOne proposal rejected Posted: Mar 9, 2005 2:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: JavaOne proposal rejected
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

Like many others, today I received an e-mail from the JavaOne conference team saying that they are unable to accept my (one and only) proposal.

Project Blogs

With blogs and newsfeeds becoming more pervasive, individuals are using blogs to share their thoughts, and software products are using newsfeeds to distribute information in a standard format. In the context of a project, a blog can become the central hub for the distribution of information, improving communication within the team and enhancing visibility to the client. While publishing static content such as technical tips, progress against milestones and documentation is undoubtedly useful, publishing dynamic content can add another dimension to a project blog. There are typically many sources of dynamic information that can be aggregated into a project blog, including build reports from CruiseControl, project artefacts from Ant and the current status of bugs from your issue tracking tool.

This session takes a look at how blogging technologies such as XML-RPC, RSS and Atom can be used to publish and aggregate dynamic content to a project blog. Case studies are presented of projects that used a project blog and code samples are used to demonstrate the principles discussed. At the end of this session you’ll be able to start your own project blog and integrate data sources from your project into it, all with Java technology.

I thought that this would be a fun little BOF, perhaps a niche topic not specifically about Java, but a nice break away from endless talks about EJB, JSF and web services. Oh well, maybe next time. ;-)

Read: JavaOne proposal rejected

Topic: Yup.com: Buy tries to make hay with social networks and shopping Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Railing on performance with lighttpd

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use